Monday, December 12, 2011

Split

What's wrong with all these?

First, there actually remains a square one problem to be solved: How to decide which teaching staff to be promoted, especially if they do not do much research?

No, there's none as far as I could see. At the end of the day, clinical teaching staff probably have little prospect of promotion (unless they could lead a team supported by RAPs), and many would take the post as a step stone before entering private practice.

(I shall not comment on their quality or enthusiasm of teaching.)

But, this is, to me, the smaller problem.To me, the more important problem of having research associate professor to work on basic science and clinical teaching staff to take care of students is we are taking the soul away from the body.

I shall leave it to your imagination which side is soul or body.

And, have you heard of the dinosaur with two brains?

Go read http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2009/10/stegosaurus.html

No comments: