Monday, January 9, 2012

Incapable

(During a lunch time casual chat.)

"Do you know where is T up to?" One of us asked.

T is a medical graduate from the other side of the harbour. He just finished with his surgical training and is the son of a supposedly very important person.

"Oh, he was recently promoted to be the associate consultant." The answer came from the other side of the table.

"Alas, which hospital - or which team does he join?" I asked.

"Professor L's team, of course."

"I think Professor L doesn't like him very much - and for good reasons?" I was incredulous.

"Yes, but the professor conceded. In fact, L comes to the conclusion that it is not necessary for everyone in his team to be able to do surgery!"

"Well, there's some truth in it," I was forced to agree, "In fact, if a medical student tells me in the final examination that his ignorance is absolutely acceptable because not every doctor needs to treat patient, I shall be quite willing to pass him!"

No comments: