Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cellar

(Open letter of a certain Mr. Teng.)

Dear all,

I write this to tell you the true story about that gigantic "cellar" of my house.

As a matter of fact, I am the victim.

I bought the place ten years ago from a Mr. Li, and, before I moved in, I was not aware that it is a house - as I always imagined I bought an apartment. The brochure that I got said that I was buying the platform floor (or, Mr. Li called that the fourth floor) of that building, and, part of the deal was I had to buy also the level below that platform, which I suppose is the ground floor.

And, so, in other words, the "cellar" that you all call is the ground floor in my understanding.

Well, maybe there was a subsidence - perhaps by the landmine of CY?

Sincerely, et cetera.

PS. You may ask: In that case, why did I put up my wife as the excuse?

Of course. How could I offend Mr. Li?

No comments: