Thursday, May 3, 2012

Second

(The discussion between L and I went on.)

I paused for a moment and said, "My friend, if you were talking about hospital discharge summary, your analogy of Scarlet Heart and Palace doesn't quite fit."

To my surprise, L laughed and shook his head, "You are absolutely right. I was actually thinking of something else. The topic of hospital record documentation came up because it was deep in your head."

I must say I was annoyed by this insightful psychoanalysis of my mind, "Well, then, what's in your mind?"

"Alas, I was pondering about the rights of derivative works (二次創作)," my friend sighed.

"You mean, one of them is copying from the other?" I was curious.

"No, I mean both are copying from a common source - for example, Zhao Erxun (趙爾巽)!" said L.

PS. For those who are not familiar with Chinese history, Zhao is the chief editor of The Draft History of Qing (清史稿).

No comments: