Thursday, May 31, 2012

Picasso


It was Vivian’s birthday. I took a half-day off, and the two of us paid a short visit to the Heritage Museum for the Picasso exhibition.

The place was surprisingly crowded in a weekday afternoon - full of schoolchildren going there for a session of general education. I must say I am not particularly fond of the Spanish giant of modern painting. Nonetheless, it was an impressive experience to see many of his famous paintings and craftworks flesh and blood, in their actual size.

My personal favorite is Minotaur with a Javelin and Woman Hostage - a simple monochrome sketch of four characters. Alas, if it were painted last year, I would believe the Minotaur monster represents the Americans and the room Iraq or Afghanistan.

Somehow it reminds me of his Guernica.

No comments: