Monday, July 21, 2008

浮雲

It was exceedingly impressive to hear what our CE said: 視民望如浮雲.

As Philo Vance said (in The Benson Murder Case), I was so impressed that I lost my nerve.

In fact, I am about to expect my Indonesian maid - who does understand quite a bit of Cantonese - says, "I just don't care what you comment about my work."

Maybe she is true. After all it is just a job, and my maid expects to complete the term in a year or two. She has her own family and friends. I'm sure the biggest wish of Uny (that's how we call her) is to embrace her 2-year-old son and sing songs to soothe him to sleep. Unless she makes a complete mess so that I am forced to find another one, otherwise why should she care ?

Well, no one (south to the Shenzhen River) could fire Mr. Tsang.

PS. He told you that much when he applied for the job: he is a politician, not public servant.

No comments: