Friday, July 25, 2008

Suspicion










This is the "death note" of the man who burnt charcoal in his car and kill himself some days ago - it was all on the local papers.

(My salute goes to our local journalist.) Nonetheless I find the notes suspicious.

The numbers do not add up: 6905 + 1355 + 1390 + 877 = 10527, not 431.

Of course. It should go like this: 6905 + 13550 + 13900 + 8774 = 43129.

(Certainly all numbers have 2 or 3 zeros missing - only that amount of money would kill a man like him, but we can imagine the author omit some zeros for simplicity.)

The question is: who cut that slice of paper on the right side of the notes, and why ?

Apparently that missing piece was not found in the car. Was the note brought from elsewhere, or was that piece being taken away ... by who ?

PS. I read too much Conan Doyle, I know.

3 comments:

TW said...

I guess the paper was folded wor.

CC Szeto said...

Quite true. Make a fool of myself.

TW said...

Gee, your paranoid disorder is getting worse :)