Friday, October 23, 2009

Leave

It was a busy morning - a few of us are leaving for the States for a meeting next week, and the morning clinic was badly over-booked. We were forced to start the round a bit late, and, ahead of us was another crowd of in-patients.

After seeing the first patient with FP and BK, I suggested some management. FP replied, "We'll take care of that."

I was about to say, "This kind of thing could be done by the houseman."

But, before I could actually ask the question, BK gave me the reply, "Most of our house officers are on leave today - it is the part I MRCS examination."

I looked around and realized a familiar face was absent.

"Are there so many young doctors interested in being a surgeon ?" I murmured.

They replied, "Of course not. But, without the part I, you can't actually apply for any surgical post. It's not only surgeon. The same thing apply for gynecology and a few others."

"In that case, why do we need to have final MB at all ? We could outsource the work to individual college." I said to myself.

No comments: