Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Negotiator

My recent bedtime reading is How to be a Better Negotiator by John Mattock and Jöns Ehrenborg.

I bought it during a trip to Taiwan some years ago, but I kept having some other books to attract my attention.

And I was entirely correct - the book was so-so. Well, after How to Win Friends and Influence People, you can't really expect anything better.

********************************

I read the classic of Dale Carnegie when I was in secondary school. At that time, there was a rumor that the book was the third best-selling one in history - only after The Bible and Quotations from Chairman Mao (毛語錄).

That's a myth, of course. The third is Qur’ān.

By the way, the three best selling novel in history are A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, and And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.

All English authors.

No comments: