Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nomination

Soon after I pondered about the disappearance of our house officers, we actually held the membership examination at our own hospital.

As usual, the evening before the examination was the most critical period. BK, as the first time organizer, was immensely effective, and most of the patients and paper work were ready before sunset.

But, at around 6 PM, AL, our chairman's secretary, gave me an unwelcome news, "Em ... JS could only be back by 10 PM to check the things. Would you stay and join him ?"

"Well ... I shall be back slightly before ten." I didn't ask why, but was obviously unhappy.

*********************************

I went home, dined with Euterpe, and was back on time. The man was, supposedly, still in Pluto. AL seemed to be in a chaos. I knocked on her door and asked, "Are the things alright ?"

"Just too many phone calls to handle," she had no time to talk more.

I went to my office and turned on the computer. There were a collection of congratulating messages on the Facebook.

And it was all on the news.

Our chairman was nominated to become the next VC.

No comments: