Thursday, March 11, 2010

941

On the same day that I admired the efficiency of the China Travel Service, my friend Warren sent me a mail, talking about the China Mobile Ltd.’s (中國移動) recent plan to buy a stake in Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co. (上海浦東發展銀行).

***********************************

Dear TW and Szeto,

As the no. 1 stock in my portfolio, this news really intrigues me. I tend to think this is a nice demonstration of blue ocean strategy.

Warren

***********************************

I do not know the whole of the event, nor do I have a single share of #941. However, I suddenly realize that it is often difficult to distinguish blue ocean strategy from diworsification without a hindsight.

PS. My friend TW has a more pragmatic view on this business. Go read http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/cal-culator/article?mid=179

No comments: