Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grant

(My little discussion continued.)

"I don't think I could put up project of your kind. If I want to get some big grant, do you have other suggestions ?" I asked.

"Well, you must think outside the box," my friend replied.

"That's a Sunday school truth," I complained. "What's there outside the box ?"

"For example, why don't you apply for the Hong Kong Film Development Fund (香港電影發展基金)?"

"What !?" I could not believe my ears.

"Why, I suppose you are filming the life of some cell lines, seeing how they interact with each other and their response to the change in environment."

"Quite true," I began to see what my friend meant, "In fact I need to take many artistic photo as well."

"Exactly. Exactly," as Humphrey Appleby said, he knew that I knew what he knew.

"But, I do not have any track record in this business ..." I still had the last problem to solve.

"That's easy. You used to write newspaper column - however short a period that was - and you're an active blogger. Quite the same argument as those famous photographers turning themselves into film makers. And, above all, you act very well - I've seen how you talk to extra-terrestrials !"

Both of us could not stop laughing.

No comments: