Friday, March 26, 2010

Shoe

Our Mr. Tsang recently claimed that he loved to polish shoes; it worked well for relieving the stress.

Although his little habit seems not to be well received by the general public, I consider it a brilliant hobby - particularly if the deed is practised in the traditional Chinese manner.

No, I'm not kidding. Let's face it. If each of us publish the shoes of one another person each day (even if that one has nothing to do with us directly), we would have an entirely different world of harmony.

You may argue that's not the original meaning of shoe polishing. Nonetheless, may I remind you, we could never guarantee an immediate and desirable effect after touching a pair of shoes. If you make it a habit, you will soon be able to give compliment to unrelated people.

(My friend BK always says that she finds it difficult to tell when I am speaking the truth and when I say the things ironically. She's certainly right - I have the same difficulty.)

PS. In a teamwork - notably the football (soccer I mean) game - the task of shoe polishing is particularly important. More often than not we have too many excellent players who could score, but very few are willing to do the donkey task, which, in the slang of 1960s, was called "擦鞋仔波".

No comments: