Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Clinic

Paid a visit to FL, our emeritus professor of pathology, for some trivial matter. In his office, I found a large crowd of pathologists and there was an excited discussion.

"What's up?" I ask NT, one of my classmates who happened to be there.

"They are discussing the possibility of setting up a pathology clinic," the professor of clinical chemistry made a grin.

"Eh ...?" I could not hide my surprise.

"It is a hot topic," one of them said, "You know what. Pathologist is a vanishing species because no one - no patient, I mean - know of our existence. It is recently advocated by many renowned pathologist over the world that we should come out and set up our own clinic and see patients, so that we could have some interaction with them."

"But, what are you guys going to do in the clinic?" I remained incredulous.

"We could give a detailed explanation of the investigation result," replied by another.

"Then, how about the discussion of treatment option ?"

"Oh, of course we leave it to the clinicians."

Thank goodness my friends didn't say the discussion on the choice of medication would be left to some pharmacologists who also set up their own clinic.

2 comments:

JW said...

LOL....

TW said...

And the radiologist can also set up clinic to recommend tests to be done and to explain findings. But this trend is not good, there will be no escape for austistic doctor in the future.