Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Complaint


Soon after I visited the zoo, we held the clinical examination for our third year medical students.

I have, however, very little to say about the examination, which was amazingly smooth under the organization of VM and PS. To me, the only memorable story of this examination came from an email complaint that I received a few weeks ago.

Here you go:

***************************


Dear Professor,

I am a Med 3 student and has heard from our class representatives about the splitting of this year Medicine OSCE to two days. Actually, would it be held after 30th March? Because according to the "ALREADY ANNOUNCED SCHEDULE", I have already booked the flight tickets on 31st March for a 6-day-trip with my father and mother, and this is in fact the first ever overseas self planned trip with my parents who will fall into big trouble alone overseas. Also, the holiday tickets are so full and it would be beyond our financial ability to change the flight this late.

I understand that it is a personal problem and many from our class are also worried about the faculty using up one of the two days after the MB for this amendment. Can the department consider not making this serious abrupt change for the sake of your students in terms of fairness and humanity?

I am very sorry to disturb professor with this long letter not concerning academic questions. But this problem is really depressing especially for me, who would have difficulty settling the bill, if the exam is suddenly delayed by the faculty. It would be very kind of you if it is possible to convey more information about the OSCE arrangement before it is too late.

Thank you very much for your attention and sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards, et cetera.


No comments: