Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Expensive

While I was thinking about the Euro crisis, we had our regular Sunday lunch with my in-laws.

As usual, we chatted on various matters of Euterpe and Adler.

"You know, everything is very expensive nowadays. For example, the tuition fee of Euterpe's piano class is over $1000 each month!" My wife sighed.

"Oh! I think it was around $500 a month when you were in the secondary school - and it was grade 8 piano lesson!" Her mother said grimly.

"Don't go that far," I smiled, "The stock price of HSBC is now around $60. Do you remember what it was in those days?"

"Yes, I remember very well," my mother-in-law was surprisingly accurate, "In fact I had seen it selling at $4."

"Too bad you didn't buy some in those days." I laughed.

"It's even worse - we used the money and bought the Carrian Group (佳寧)!" Vivian's father said with a bitter smile.

No comments: