Tuesday, June 12, 2012

N


My recent bedtime reading was N No Tameni (為了N) of Kanae Minato (湊佳苗).

Yes, the author of Confession (告白).

As usual, I borrowed this book from AL. (It's a long time since I last bought a detective fiction myself - hardly any seems exciting enough for me nowadays.)  In short, I finished with it in a few nights, and was not impressed.

The story was simple: A murdered happened; the facts were cut and dry as it seemed. Nonetheless, everyone involved had a story behind and they each had their own reasons to lie on a trivial matter. In the aggregate, of course, the story was very much distorted and truth was never unearthed.

As what we learn from the classical teaching of computer animation and virtual reality: It is scary to have things appearing too real.

No comments: