Friday, June 29, 2012

List

One evening, before we went to bed, I asked my wife, “My dear, when are you going to be on call next month?”

“I don’t know,” Vivian said, “The call list is not yet released.”

“Why? It is already 27th of June, and none of you know who is going to work when and where on 1st of July. As a major department in a tertiary referral hospital, it is slightly disappointing.” I remarked with dismay.

“Alas, they are always like this,” my wife was not annoyed by the least – she seemed to have get used to taking up unexpected duty with short notice.

“However, if you are going to run a city of 7 million people and your have the same problem of assigning the duty of your staff, I must say I am not particularly impressed by your capability of administration.” I said.


PS. The list was eventually released on 28th June. 

No comments: