Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Late


During a casual discussion, my friend KM said with a curious smile, “You know, I just taught a group of remarkable medical students.”

I understand our star teacher very well; he has the experience with so many borderline students that he has a very different set of border. I believe he knows my likes and dislikes equally well, and he deliberately used the word remarkable to suite my palate.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I raised my eyebrows.

“Nothing. Just that they began paging me when I was two minutes late for their tutorial,” KM sighed, “Remind you, that’s not a scheduled teaching, but an ad hoc extra session that they urged me to give!”

“Very good. Did you jot down their names?” I asked.

“Why! There were nine or ten students, and I have no idea who was calling me.” my friend protested.

“Have you heard of guilty-by-association (連坐法) of the Qin () Dynasty?” I smiled.

No comments: