Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dinner

I must say a late meeting is not a big problem. For me, the critical question is: What about the dinner?

For that, I have a really unexpected answer: No.

You find it difficult to believe? So am I. The meeting was held in the function room of a pub, and some snacks were served – sufficient to prevent anyone from having hypoglycemia, but far from filling a stomach to any detectable extend. The supply of orange juice was limited. Coffee? Yes, you could drink as much as you like, but it was neither hot nor chilled. Who on earth with a sane mind would like lukewarm coffee in a freezing weather and with an empty stomach?

To add oil to my fire, some discussants overrun, and it was 10 PM when we finished. Thank goodness ST, my colleague from the other side of the harbour, gave me a ride so that I could arrive home an hour later.

And this was the rare occasion that I found cup noodle a great invention.

Company blacklisted.

No comments: