Thursday, May 15, 2014

Concert

During a casual conversation, my wife asked me, “There is going to be a concert of P. Are you interested?”

P is a pop singer who used to be very popular when I was a university student. In the jargon of my own profession, she is still active in practice. To describe the situation cynically, she is living on the fame she earned in the last millennium.

“Alas, I must admit I used to be her fans, but I would prefer listening to her CD or YouTube.” I said.

“Why?”

“First, I am autistic and would try my best to avoid the crowd,” I explained, “In reality, if you take aside the heat and atmosphere, the quality of performance in CD is always better than in the concert because editing and all other electronic gadgets are possible in the former. As to P, her zest has slowly vanished and technique eroded with time. No, I definitely will not go for her concert; I would keep her as she was twenty or thirty years ago in my memory, rather than taking the risk of ruining… whatever.”

All of a sudden, my wife found my inexplicable.

No comments: