Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Dispose

That afternoon, I went through the second year clinical skill examination.

It is rather immaterial to describe everything in detail. Nonetheless, when I met my friend BK the next morning, I could not refrain from sighing, “You know, I’m a bit depressed after doing the examination. It seems that I am very outdated and, in a modern world, we should not express ourselves subtly!”

“Alas! What happened?”

“It goes like this. For the part of examination that I was in charge of, students need to use a cotton wool ball and a sharp toothpick, both are supposed to be disposable. Unfortunately, more than half of the students forgot to throw away what they had used. Although it is not counted in the original marking scheme, I consider the step that these future doctors omitted being critical because toothpicks are a kind of sharps and should not be left next to the patient after use.”

“Yes…?”

“I tried to remind the students what they had not done – but none of them seemed to understand.”

“What actually did you say?”

(To be continued.)

No comments: