Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rainbow

The sun meets a rainbow.

The origin of all lives says, “My friend, I’m really jealous. Everyone seems to love you.”

The colourful arc blushes a little, “Alas, that may be true. Who would not welcome a glittering bridge to his dream after a heavy storm and rain?”

“But, may I ask: What have you done? Besides making a mystical appearance every now and then and cheering up people by your lovely face, do you have any solid contribution to their life? None! And, how could there be any? You are not there most of the time. Alas, you are not even a physical existence – just an illusion of colour.”

“Yes, but I give people hope. As Alexandre Dumas said in The Count of Monte Cristo, all wisdom of man is contained in two words - wait and hope. After all, my friend, you do not have to be jealous. There are also many people who worship you.”

“That’s true enough, but it doesn’t make me feel any easier. I work all day and provide the energy for the whole world, and my reputation is nothing different from a delusion of colour that shows his face once or twice a year!”

No comments: