Thursday, May 22, 2014

Entry

As usual, I had the opportunity during the MB examination to discuss some general issues on student teaching with my colleagues. Although I was trying my best to be evasive, it was inevitable to touch on the forthcoming curriculum reform.

“A major sentiment of our junior students, as far as I know, is the trivial workload during the first year, and its lack of relevance to clinical medicine.” VW said.

“Unfortunately, we can do very little about it.” I shook my head.

“I know what you are getting at.” JW said, “However, contrary what most of you think, students of the Global Stream contribute very little to this problem. There is a sizable number of students – mostly secondary students with an exceptionally high IB score or holders of a first degree – who join the medical school directly to the second year. This is what the university allows.”

No comments: