Sunday, October 23, 2016

Reading

Frequent visitors of my blog may be puzzled by my reading record. For example, how could I finish with Mindset on Thursday and 後漢書 on Saturday?

Simple. They were read at different time slots.

In fact I have four regular time slots for reading everyday - around 20 minutes each. I read medical journals (downloaded to my Samsung tablet) on my way to work, followed by reading medical textbooks in my office as the first thing after I had my breakfast. In the evening, I read a non-medical electronic book (via Amazon Kindle or Google Book in my tablet) on my way back home, and another paperback as bedtime reading.

By the way, 20 minutes is close to my concentration span of reading a book now. It used to be well over one hour when I was in medical school, and 30 minutes some 10 years ago. The process of aging is obvious.

No comments: