Thursday, November 24, 2016

Softwares

You may ask: How about other softwares?

Simple - for I need very few. Yes, there is Microsoft Office. (I must say I tried Open Office and Google Document, but neither is satisfactor.) And there is Acrobat Reader and Evernote - and the latter takes another night, as I put all my reading notes, reference, and scan documents here. I also use FastStone Image Viewer for figure editing, Google Keepand XMind for the construction of complicated charts.

That's all.

Well, I used to install Cute PDF Writer but it has very little use nowadays. I also have SigmaPlot for the preparation of scientific charts in my desktop computer, but I shall spare it in my laptop (which is not meant for detailed figure construction anyway).

Again, the KISS principle applies.

No comments: