Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Update

When my wife Vivian first heard that I bought a new laptop, the first question she put up was: How long does it take for me to install everything back into the new computer?

Thank goodness, not much.

The reason is simple. I am a loyal Google user and put all my working files in Google Drive. To me, the only use of Microsoft Internet Explorer is for the downloading of Google Chrome. Once I sign into my Google account, all my internet bookmarks are back into place. The next step is to connect with Google Drive and let all files download back to my laptop hard disk - which I just leave the computer to work over night.

PS. However trustworthy the Google Drive is, I still keep a backup copy of all my working files in a separate portable hard disk - just in case - and I have this backup drive updated every month.

No comments: