Monday, August 3, 2009

Assessment

While I was crawling along the corridor with my backache, GC waved at me with a wicked smile.

"Do you have a few minutes ? We got to discuss on the business of continuous assessment."

"Well ... ?" I foresaw my backache would move up to the head.

In no time we found ourselves hiding in GC's office. The issue was simple: the hematologist was asked to revise the continuous assessment form (alas, marking scheme) for our final year students, and our man from Pluto subtly suggested him to involved me in the discussion.

But my friend had his own idea; all he needed was some encouragement and reassurance, and the thing was fixed in 2 minutes.

(Maybe also fortunate for him, I had very little idea of my own. I always believe amendments of this kind could serve no purpose except putting up an impression that we appear to be doing something.)

PS. To the credit of my autistic friend, he did not write an exhaustive proposal in an email, or call for a meeting of ten people. In the analogy of immunology (see ccszeto.blogspot.com/2008/01/lymphocytes.html and ccszeto.blogspot.com/2008/01/granuloma.html), GC is neither B nor T lymphocyte - but a polymorph; he sees a problem and tackles himself.

The sobering truth is, unfortunately, polymorphs generally have a short live-span.

No comments: