Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chengdu

We arrived at Chengdu late in the evening and were warmly welcome by a group of local doctors. To our surprise, they did not bring us to the hotel – we were invited to a late supper.

As expected, alcohol was a main dish of the meal.

****************************

I shall not elaborate further about the evening. This was the first time I went to the mainland, which seemed incredulous to our chairman. During the day, he asked me no less than three times: How could that happen ?

Each time I put up a polite smile as the reply.

In reality, although I have much respect to my home country, I always find it uneasy to go to a universe where the laws of physics are different.

As Li Wenxiu (李文秀) said towards the end of the novel Swordswoman Riding West on White Horse (白馬嘯西風): Those are very very good, but they are not my cup of tea.

Or my glass of beverage ?

No comments: