Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Memory

Talking about English grammar, my recent bedtime reading is American English Idiomatic Expressions in 52 Weeks by John Holleman.

The book is more a reference or dictionary, but somehow I read it through. No, I do not expect to remember anything - except that I could have some vague idea of where to find the relevant description when it becomes necessary.

The book is, therefore, now safe on the shelf of my office.

*****************************

By the way, it is a romantic idea that some people could read once and remember forever. Being suspected to have such an amazing capability, I could assure you I have none (for example, although never intended to be a surgeon, I read Bailey and Love no fewer than three times before my final examination).

Further, I am still waiting to see the first genius of this kind in my life.

PS. A few of my friends - notably TW - are close to this, but I always suspect she is more hardworking than she appears to be.

No comments: