Saturday, April 3, 2010

Quark

I must have changed my specialty and became a clinical psychologist recently. Shortly after my dinner discussion with KB, YP - another friend of mine - grabbed me on my way to the out-patient clinic and asked for some counseling.

"You know, he has to control everything ! Money, staff, duty, space, data ... just anything you could or could not think of." My friend was hot when he talked about his boss.

"Quite right, quite right ..." I tried to cool him down a bit. But, in fact, I know his boss just too well. He does not micro-manage (like Zhuge Liang); he is more advanced and is a keen practitioner of quark management.

You may ask: What's the difference between micro- and quark management ?

That's simple.

A quark manager is a true physician: He (wants to) know everything (and makes every decision) but wishes to do nothing.

A micro-manager is a pathologist: He knows everything and does everything, but it is often too late.

Another perfect illustration of personality determines specialty.

PS. Quark - not proton and neutron - is the elementary particle of every matter.

Go read The Universe in a Nutshell.

No comments: