Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1000

I suddenly realize this is the one-thousandth blog entry.

How do I feel? Well, I still remember what I wrote when this little place came to its first anniversary (see http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2008/12/anniversary.html). My feeling is quite the same.

But, a thousand does have a little different meaning. In the classic of Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎駿) - Spirited Away (千與千尋) - Chihiro (千尋) had to trim down her name to Sen (千) in order to survive in the crooked world of monsters and ghosts. No, she remained her true self and did not pretend to be someone else - she just hid part of her inconvenient trait so that she could get along with other creatures.

********************************

Perhaps I should also cite a little paragraph from the Thousand Character Classic (千字文) here:

殆辱近恥,林皋幸即。
兩疏見機,解組誰逼。
索居閒處,沈默寂寥。
求古尋論,散慮逍遙。
欣奏累遣,慼謝歡招。

I shall not elaborate the meaning.

No comments: