Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall

During a lunch time meeting, Vivian rang me up, "Euterpe slipped and fell in the school this morning, and her teacher is now calling me."

After confirming my daughter had some lacerations over knees and nothing else, I assured my wife, "Maybe they're just trying to tell you what happened."

****************************

That evening, when I was back home, my wife looked at me in a funny manner, "Guess what the school was calling us for ?"

"Eh ...?" I was at a lost.

"Well, she told me what happened of course, but that's not the main point," Vivian said, "The teacher was curious that our daughter didn't cry when she was obviously hurt - she just looked upset."

"Didn't she cry at all ?" I was equally incredulous.

"No, of course," my wife went on, "Her tears came like fountain as soon as she saw me - she was just saving her emotion for a better target !"

No comments: