Friday, September 24, 2010

Moon

One evening, Euterpe looked out the window and cried, "Hey, the moon is there. It looks gorgeous!"

It was 7th or 8th of August by the Lunar calendar. I followed my daughter's finger and, as expected, found a half moon. Yes, the sky was clear and the moonlight was surprisingly bright. But, expecting a much better one in a week's time, I told the little girl, "It would be even better next week, when we have the mid-Autumn festival. Let's go to the garden by then and appreciate the moon together."

My little princess nodded. But, as it turned out, we never met a bright and beautiful full moon a week later - there was a typhoon, followed by several consecutive rainy and cloudy days. I must say I missed the chance to appreciate that fantastic half moon with my daughter.

*************************

勸君莫惜金縷衣,勸君惜取少年時。
花開堪折直須折,莫待無花空折枝。
《金縷衣》杜秋娘

No comments: