Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gauge

While I was slightly disappointed with that examination-oriented student, a little friend of mine wrote the experience with his professor in Facebook. (See http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/notes/rutherford-sin/gauge/433926647189)

In short, the professor had mistaken the unit for the size of angio-catheter, and, during the tutorial, no student pointed it out.

I must say we all have a similar experience when we were medical students.

Well, but, let's fast-forward the time. Now, I am on the other side of the consideration. Although I appear fierce and malicious, more than once my students pointed out my mistake during the tutorial. It doesn't feel good. (But, of course, I have seen many things much worse, and am not that easily be put off.)

And, therefore, next time, when you find that I am at the fault, do speak out - but, please do it in the most delicate manner. I consider myself a piece of fine China and is very fragile.

PS. The real difficulty is many a time a student states that something is taught in a different way by another professor - and I recognize that that piece of teaching is wrong.

No comments: