Friday, December 10, 2010

Bias

Shortly after I dined with Vivian to celebrate my birthday, we held the licentiate examination in my department.

I shall not elaborate on what happened. To me, examination is quite boring if not there is often a good opportunity to have some meaningful discussion with my friends.

This time, during the coffee break, I met VW, and he remained interested in those disappeared medical students.

"I tend to agree with what you said in the blog," my friend began. He was referring to a recent one of mine (see http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2010/12/apathetic.html and some related entries).

"Yes ...?" I saw that he had not finished.

"But, our observation may be biased," the young professor is certainly a scientist, "Not only are we overwhelmed by a hopefully small group of delinquent local students, the impressive mainland students that we see are no doubt a highly selected group. The very fact that they come to Hong Kong and turn up in the High Table Dinner say that much - and there are probably millions of spoiled children that we would never meet."

I was forced to agree.

2 comments:

JW said...

Isn't it more than enough for 1% of these crème de la crème to weed out our Kong Kids completely?

TW said...

Agree with JW, 1% 都浸死你!