Friday, December 17, 2010

Carnival

Went to the Christmas party of Euterpe's kindergarten.

Some of you may remember Vivian and I went to the party of a similar kind when my daughter was in pre-nursery. (See http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2009/12/party.html) It was a stage performance last year, but, this year, my little princess is in a new school, and the party becomes a carnival.

More so, my wife had a flu this time, and I had to go alone with my daughter.

*********************

The place was full of kids and parents. To my amazement, Euterpe could recognize almost all of her classmates, and was just too eager to say hello to everyone. Nonetheless, my daughter has the same autistic personality disorder as her father, and she preferred observing rather than joining the games.

But it was just the beginning of my problem. A few weeks ago, when the kindergarten announced the Christmas carnival, I signed up as a voluntary helper, and was assigned to help in the classroom later that morning. After Euterpe and I wandered around for an hour or so, it was almost time for my duty.

But, how could I leave her alone ?

(To be continued.)

No comments: