Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gathering

Dined with a group of my university classmate. It is almost 20 years after our graduation and we are planning a gathering.

DL, probably the most out-going one in my class, called a meeting to discuss the things, and he booked a table for 10 at a famous restaurant in Kowloon.

I arrived slightly early, only to find HM, a classmate of mine who is doing orthopedics, was there alone.

We two had some casual chat (his daughters are going to the same school as Euterpe), and, the rest of the people gradually arrived in the next 40 or 50 minutes.

DL was the last.

And it is entirely understandable - he is a private surgeon and had to finish with the evening round in two hospitals.

Alas, many of us are still as hard-working as a house officer.

PS. The restaurant is so high class that I've never been to. It is Michelin 2-star. The place is decent, but, seriously, the dishes were so-so but not quite impressive.

No, I would not downgrade the restaurant.

I downgraded Michelin.

No comments: