Thursday, December 16, 2010

Purpose

I must say I was slightly disappointed with the evening.

The serious discussion took no more than 3 minutes; the only conclusion was to contact each and every of our classmate to see if they are interested to have a gathering.

For the rest of the time, we had nothing but casual conversation - exchanging information of each other.

And, you could guess that much, I just sat there, turning my head from one side to another, and listened. The life of a boring university academic is nothing compared to the exciting happenings in the private. I must say I am more eager to update the contact list of my class, which I compiled when we had the 10-year gathering, and fix up who is responsible for contacting who else.

In fact, I sent the preliminary list to DL the next morning.

*************************

But, on a second thought, I should be at ease.

The whole purpose of having a 20-year gathering is to assemble the class so that we know what the others are up to after two decades - which was exactly what we were doing in this evening. There are people who enjoyed expressing themselves, some love to listen, a few others just want to hide themselves up and play autistic games.

I should be more receptive.

1 comment:

JW said...

Gathering becomes networking