Saturday, October 29, 2011

Apps

(Our dinner conversation with CM continued.)

"You know, as a rule, I do not allow medical students come to my clinic - there's very little to learn anyway," our visitor, who was actually a senior lecturer of his own medical school, remarked.

"Well...?"

"And I was slightly disappointed when I found a final year student sitting in my consultation room last month - he obviously did not ask his classmates which doctors not to follow," he continued.

"Was he just very keen to learn from you?" We asked.

"Quite the opposite," CM smiled, "In fact, he didn't even look up when I entered the room; he was just absorbed in playing with his iPhone."

We all chuckled, "So, did you ask him to leave?"

"No. I sat down, picked out my iPhone, and pretended to press the button eagerly."

"What's the point?" We were curious," and, did the student notice that?"

"Well, after two or three minutes, the student obviously found things were not going in the right direction, and he asked what I was doing." Our friend said.

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him that I was looking for an Apps to make a medical student disappear!"

No comments: