Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Universe

I stayed in Chicago for two days and was back Hong Kong on Friday evening. In the next morning, I was summoned to the universe that has a different set of law of physics.

I must say my bias against the other parallel universe of ours is quite well known. The man from Pluto used to suspect my name was blacklisted. KL simply thinks that I am over-reacting.

Nonetheless, I still believe my bias are entirely justified. To say the least, it is rather disheartening to work with those apparently lovely creatures: They could not keep a promise, and therefore they would not believe you could keep a promise. They do not give you genuine respect, because they don’t actually respect themselves. When you say a scientific paper or clinical trial shows some particular result, they would tell you their octogenarian division head has a different personal experience. In this world, the way is full of bush, truth is fake, and life pennyworth.

And, therefore, don't blame the landlady - it's all problem of the tenants themselves. Don't look down upon that 18 persons who did not help the girl after she's knocked down by the car - just look at what the others did on the old woman who tried to help.

Alas, pudet esse unus ex eis.

1 comment:

Vincent Wong said...

Sed non unus ex illis.