Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Protected

When I got up in the morning after I prepared my little series on Xinhai Revolution, I noted that the weather seemed terrible.

Yes, it was typhoon signal #8.

As usual, my mum got up even earlier. She asked, "Still need to go to work?"

"I'd better go," I nodded and murmured.

Well, most of you know I don't drive. And it is quite impossible to fetch a taxi under that weather. Nonetheless, the underground and railway are still at work, and it took me no more than 45 minutes to arrive at the hospital, safe and intact.

You may ask, "Is it necessary for me to come back and do the round?"

Of course not. Our registrars are quite capable, and I'm sure my colleague BK would be around. Nonetheless, it was entirely for my own benefit to stay in the office: There's no clinic or meeting or other minutiae to distract my attention, so that I could sit down and focus on things that are important though not urgent. (Please refer to Stephen Covey if you are not familiar with such a term.)

This is really the protected time.

No comments: