Saturday, February 11, 2012

選美


Met FK and a few other colleagues of mine during lunch.

“You know, I’m about to attend the beauty contest,” the respiratory physician said while she was gobbling up some suspicious semisolid mysteriously labeled by the canteen as lunch.

“Well?” I knew my friend was about to say something.

“Oh, I mean the interview for new medical officers.” She said with a sigh.

“Of course, of course,” I knew how difficult the task was, “Since there is an obvious road to success, do we have enough applicants?” (If you have no idea which road I am talking about, go read http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2010/05/road.html)

“Actually, quite many.” FK went on to explain, “The problem is most of them also apply for every other post in the city, and a good candidate could easily get five or six offers. Our task is, in reality, to make sure our target ones would pick us!”

“Alas, in other words, you are attending the beauty contest – not as a judge, but the one on the stage, waiting for being chosen!” I could not help smiling.

My friend was not amused.

No comments: