Thursday, May 2, 2013

Analogy


I was silent for a while, and then I said slowly, "Maybe, if they could have a system to check and audit and make sure where the money goes."

"Alas! That's certainly impossible. Our Supreme Leader would not agree to this. As he says, he is entirely honest and trustworthy. Would you challenge his integrity?

"Come on. I won't challenge anything that wouldn't even hold water."

"But, how about their brothers south to the 38th parallel? They would think people under the reign of that handsome leader are their flesh and blood and brothers and sisters, and making a monetary donation, although very likely to vanish or being abused, would fill their empty conscience and make them feel good."

I was about to say that's silly, but, suddenly, I saw light, "L, what are you talking about all this time? Are you really talking about North Korea?"

My friend just smiled. His eyes seemed to be saying, "You see? When you take away the smog of emotion, things suddenly become very clear."

No comments: