Saturday, May 25, 2013

Outsource

As you expect, I had the rare opportunity of discussing medical student teaching with my friends during the MB examination.

"You know, City M is going to set up their own medical school," a friend of mine told me.

"Really? How could they recruit that critical mass of teaching staff?" I was incredulous. City M is a small place with no more than a million of population and two small general hospitals. Just like Philo Vance, I am so impressed by their standard of medical care that I lose my nerve, and I am absolutely confident that both hospitals are nothing but exemplary training centers - if the term is defined in the same way as what we mean by developing countries.

"No, they will have no teacher - I mean no clinical professor," he said.

"How could that happen? If they have no professor, who is going to teach their medical students?" I was truly amazed.

"Simple. They plan to outsource the teaching duty and send their medical students to the medical school of other countries."

No comments: