Friday, May 3, 2013

甄嬛


During a casual lunch time conversation, my friend AC said, "Szeto, have you heard of The Legend of Zhen Huan (後宮甄嬛傳)? It's gorgeous!"

"Of course I do." I smiled, "As a matter of fact, a friend of mine lent me the whole set of its DVD a few months ago but I did not have the time to watch it through, and Vivian has seen it from another channel. At the end of the day, I gave it to my mother-in-law, and she was very much addicted to it."

"Alas, you must watch it yourself," my friend insisted, "The story just appears so real and modern. I actually gain much insight on our daily life."

"That may be true. But, if I do want entertainment of this kind, The Yongzheng Dynasty (雍正王朝) is more masculine and would suite my palate better." I sighed, "The point is, I have little interest in small circle games of this kind - I have seen enough in real life."

The lunch table lapsed into silence.

No comments: