Wednesday, May 8, 2013

魚骨


One of my regular family activity every Sunday is to bring Euterpe and Adler to visit my in-laws. Euterpe is now 6-year-old and Adler close to three.

On a recent Sunday, Vivian's mother prepared noodles, stewed to-fu, and pan-fried mackerel for our lunch. Just like all younger sisters, Adler insisted to try some fish because she noted that we put a good piece of mackerel on Euterpe's plate.

But, shortly after the two girls started eating, Adler ran to me and yelled, "Daddy, fish bone!"

She was putting up her ring hand. It took me quite a while to adjust my focus. Between her thumb and pointing finger held a tinny thorn.

"Good girl!" I exclaimed with please, "You could now eat fish by yourself!"

******************
It all seems a trivial event.

But, on my way back, when I though of it once again, the story is  more complicated than you imagine.

No comments: