Friday, April 25, 2014

Concert

(Open letter from a famous pop star.)

Dear fans,

I am here to announce I shall not take part in any concert performance in the future. There will still be performances on the stage, but they would only be recorded in and sold as DVD.

I understand this is a tough decision and may not be universally welcome. Nonetheless I consider it as a necessary move, and there are numerous reasons to support so. First, watching a recorded performance rather than a flesh-and-blood one does not only do away with the variation in quality, it allows fine editing and guarantee the audience to watch my singing and dancing at the best of quality.

More importantly, the box record of my concert has been declining, and, even amongst the ones who do buy a ticket, half of them fall asleep before the toilet break, and the other half just sit there. They don’t even clap – not to say cheer or yell. The atmosphere of my concert is not cool. It is not even cold, but literally freezing. I fancy my crew of camera men give a better response than my concert audience.

Therefore, don’t blame me for cancelling the concert. My heart remains enthusiastic. But, dear fans, please think once again what you have contributed to the success of my performance.

Sincerely, et cetera, XX

No comments: