Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Purposes

"In that case, what's the purpose?" I asked, and, as soon as I posed my question, remembering what I wrote about silences and I began to see light, "Oh, policy review is a formality. The opinion and suggestion of the others doesn't matter much - but F needs to appear to be open and democratic. He has his own idea and know what to design for the new policy."

"You are quite right," L smiled, "That's half of the reason."

"So, what's the other half?"

"My friend, you should have some idea about who's who in my company. Who do you think should be the chairman if there is only one committee to take charge of designing the new policy?"

"E..." I said slowly, and began to see what my friend was getting at, "My goodness, that's exactly what F doesn't want. The Review Committee is necessary so that F is apparently engaged in some important aspect of the new policy. On the other hand, F could have his own people - maybe F himself - to take charge of the policy design!"

No comments: