Monday, April 14, 2014

Musical

In a recent weekend, I watched a musical with my younger daughter.

Don't be surprised. This is a musical for kids organized by my princess' kindergarten. Although she is a few months before 4 years of age, the performance was interesting enough to keep her sitting attentively for one and a half hour.

You may think I would be rather bored. Well, yes and no. If you consider the quality of the songs and singing, there is certainly a big room for improvement. (In this regard, I must say the only musical that I praise is Les Misérables. The Phantom of the Opera may be acceptable, and I never fancy Cats or Miss Saigon.) Nonetheless, the story is a remarkable one. In my opinion, it outshines most of the tales by Hans Christian Andersen or Brothers Grimm - and is closed to the level of Aesop's Fables.

It is about the race between a tortoise and a hare and a few other animals.

No comments: